Friday, July 18, 2008

DAY CAMP!

Colton went to Scout Day Camp today... Why in the world was I more nervous about this than I was kindergarten? Strange that my 8 year old is becoming so grown-up. Here is his experience, from his point of view...

  • Drove to Jeremiah Johnson
  • First we went to the Trading Post, and I a bought a pocket knife.
  • There was a Rain Ragata. You got to make boats, and then we would blow on them, and they had a 2x4 set up, and you'd blow it over to the other side. I lost my first run, but I won the second race
  • Then we went to Archery. And I hit it twice on the red part (almost to the center).
  • I did the slip knot, the bowcut knot, and then the loop where you tie your shoe knot.
  • Then we went to bb guns. I hit 6 cans, and it was really hard to hit cans. And then...
  • I went to learn about the stars and the galaxy.
  • I went to sling shots. They had staff members , and this one guy was acting like a pirate captain. With sling shots, we had to pick rocks off the ground and aim them at cans and stuff.
  • Lunch was kinda boring.
  • And that is pretty much it!

1 comments:

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

sounds like he had a good time. they sure packed in a lot. I'm sure colton liked it cause he loves learning and staying busy.