Tuesday, February 5, 2008

HINCKLEY CHALLENGE, CAN YOU DO IT!

I just received this email that has been floating around, and I am really excited to do it! I am excited to hear more about this in May as it comes to a close!!!

Subject: GREAT FHE idea for tonight or this week

Gather your family around the computer tonight and have everybody sign up at www.hinckleychallenge.com to read the Book of Mormon in 97 days.
The program shows by bar graph how many pages you must read per day to achieve the goal by May 11, 2008, which is 97 days after his passing.
If you're already into reading it, you can enter the page you are on and the graph updates to show you the revised pages per day to complete to reach the goal. Or, just finish and start again!
People are signing up pretty fast. When I signed up, the counter said 9767 participants, and now just a few minutes later it's approaching 16,500. Here are the instructions I received:
  • Go to www.hinckleychallenge.com and create an account (free, of course).
  • On Feb 4, 2008 (the Monday following the funeral) have an FHE lesson on the Book of Mormon and begin your reading.
  • Each day you read, record what page number you are on by going to www.hinckleychallenge.com.

We would like this challenge to be heard all around the world! Please forward this message to everyone you know. We would love to see over 1 million pages of the Book of Mormon read by the time this challenge has ended.

Do you want to show your support? Do you want to follow the prophet? Do you want to get rid of all of your excuses for not reading and become a warrior? Then join me in this challenge!!!

We are going to spread this throughout the news media (TV and radio) and we've already contacted Fox news, KSL, CBS, and ABC. But we cannot get the word out to everyone without your help! Please forward this on to EVERYONE in your address book. Time is of the essence!! This will be the one forwarded message that everyone will be happy to get :).
P.S. You can always see an updated list of those who have accepted the challenge by clicking here (www.hinckleychallenge.com/warriors.php)

1 comments:

luke & sammy said...

I got the email also and I guess I better start working on it, by the way I just remembered that I never called you back the other day I will call you soon!