The First Presidency: (left to right) Henry B. Eyring, Thomas S. Monson, Dieter F. Uchtdorf.
I had a wonderful time this morning listening to the press conference as they announced who our new Prophet and President of the church would be. It is amazing the feelings that come over me still as a new Prophet is announced, and the immediate love and respect I have for this man. I was excited to hear of the new counselors who would be serving with President Monson, and this brings me to a cute little story. I picked Colton up from school today, and told him that they announced who our new Prophet was and who his new counselors were. As I told him that they would be, "President Eyring, and President Uchtdorf", he got the weirdest look on his face, and one of his eyes kind of closed, as his head pulled back. He looked at me and started giggling. I said, "What?" He said, "Are you serious?" I said, "Yes, why?" He said, "Okay, whatever!" I told him that I would show him a picture, and that we would learn more about our new First Presidency. He just started to giggle and kept saying "Ukdorf". He thought it was the funniest last name. And then he got a little more serious, and said, "That is cool, Mom." He then stopped talking, and I could tell he was thinking. At times I feel we will never have a serious teaching moment, but as he realized that these were the men who would be leading and guiding our church, his giggling stopped, and he became quiet and reverent. I love my children! There is never a dull moment, but I am so grateful for these small, simple teaching moments that I have with them, and for the respect and reverence they have, even if it is after a few giggles!
0 comments:
Post a Comment