I love this season! I love seeing the buds start in the ground, and I can't wait to help plant the garden this year! This picture of the first bloomed flower, I think it is a crocus- but can't be too sure! All of Grandma's flowers are starting to bloom, and we can't wait for the tulips to start! The kids helped Grandma plant tulips last fall, and they have been watching them intently each day to see when they bloom! As for the garden, I will keep you posted! I get a little nervous each year around canning time, as many of my friends know!!! I am a food storage nut! I love to can peaches, pears, and my most favorite- TOMATOES! They are so easy, and I use them for everything! We will be planting a ton of tomatoes this year, along with lettuce, spinach, herbs, onions, zucchini, squash, and other goods! I am excited to see these wonderful seeds harvest! It will be a first for me, so I am so excited! As for the grapes, they are getting pruned up, and we will do our juice this fall. The apricot tree should have a hearty supply of fruit, and then we can get doing our freezer jam! I am such a NERD, I know, but it is amazing what you can do with all this wonderful amazing fresh food! THANK YOU Mom for teaching me how to can, and NEVER buying a can of peaches or pears from the grocery store- I still have never bought one!!! And thank you Georgia for teaching me how to can Grape juice, it is 10x better than Welch's and canning juice with you is a riot!!! LADIES-If you don't can or don't know how, you should do it! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
yeah, i love that grape juice!
Spring is a great time of year, I just love it too!
YEAH for Spring! I love it when all the spring flowers start "springing" up! Are you not so angry that we woke up to SNOW, and it is still snowing (HERE it is anyways)! Hope you are praying for a warmer week too:)
I am going to go private with my blog and I want you to come with me. Will you send me your e-mail address to Ashlee2224@yahoo.com
Post a Comment