Thursday, January 24, 2008

CALLING ALL RECIPES!


I don't know if any of you are at all like me, but I am sick of hearing- what is for dinner? I am in need of some new recipes! I feel like I have been beaten to death with all of my recipes- mind you they are wonderful, but heaven help me! So, I am asking each one of you, please post a recipe, that you love, that is low in fat, or that is a simple "must" in your household! I will be posting a new recipe each week as well! I hope you enjoy them, I can't wait to see what you all come up with!

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IN MY TIME OF NEED!!!

Here is my first recipe! I hope you enjoy it! I will not take credit for this either! My friend, Melissa Walker, who is an amazing cook and baker, made this one night- and I will say, it is a monthly at my home! I hope you love it as much as we do!

White Chicken Chili

1 lb. chicken, cubed
1 med. onion, chopped
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. veg. oil

Saute those ingredients, and then add:

2 cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
2 cans of whole kernal corn
1 can chicken broth
1 can green chilies, diced
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper ( I use 1/8th tsp.)

Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and add 1 c. of sour cream, 1/2 cup of whipping cream, and let sit for 5 minutes!

This meal is fabo with corn bread, or buttermilk biscuits- which I have amazing recipes for both! I hope you enjoy!

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!




0 comments: