Thursday, September 6, 2007

IT'S THURSDAY, BABY!!!

I am so HAPPY it is thursdays! First off, it is very close to the weekends so my hubby will be coming home! Second off, that means I don't have to solo parent for at least 48 hours. And third, we've got SOCCER AND FOOTBALL games on Saturdays which I love! So really, thursdays can be a curse and a blessing- today I have to get this house cleaned and ready for the weekend, and I am going to start my CANNING!

I love this time of year, when the fall harvest is going on. Canning is such a process, but so rewarding! If you do it, you despise it, yet love it! I personally love it! There is nothing better than canned fresh peaches and pears in the dead of winter, and stewed tomatoes to add to your stew! Then their are the pears. Pain in the rear to do, but so sweet and good, you can't but help can them. And GRAPE JUICE- nothing beats it! I remember growing up and being so excited for Thanksgiving to come around just so Mom would bust out the "homemade grape juice", it was heavenly!!! And such a treat! Now, I have it anytime I want, and I still love it! Reminds me of my childhood, and when you do over 60 quarts a year, life is great!!! Canning is something I get very antsy about, because I can finally add another 160 quarts of food to our food storage that is diminishing and it also means that I don't need to worry about buying NASTY peaches and pears in aluminum cans in the store (which I might add, I HAVE NEVER DONE)!!! I will be posting new pictures tonight or tomorrow, I can't find my camera charger to plug in to download! Which brings me to a gripe session!!!

I hate moving! I must say, everything is still a mess, too many boxes and NO TIME! I suggest to any of you who move, GO THRU EVERYTHING! I do every single time I move, but yet, so much CRAP! I am getting a little sick of looking at a garage full of boxes- probably mostly toys, and storage, but still... I feel the need for some fall cleaning, getting ready to settle in for the winter so I can relax and enjoy the snowy season that feels like it is quickly approaching!

THAT MY THURSDAY, BABY! MY NEW MOTTO:

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY, OR AT LEAST TRY!!!!
I'm out!
Jen

3 comments:

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

I'm with ya on buying canned fruit...that is for suckers. And although I haven't started canning on my own I plan to, and in the meantime I am reaping the benefits of you and mom's hard work :)

Allison said...

I Like Wednesdays myself, they make me happy and turn my frowns upside down. They dont call it hump day for nothing. I love the middle of the week.

Summmack said...

Today is Friday! Everyday is crazy over here! School is out for the week but we have soccer games at eight am tomorrow morning, then a ward party, followed by church meetings and church on Sunday! Then it starts again. Personally Sundays have been nice lately because me and Avery aren't going to church yet, so after a crazy Sunday morning we have 3 whole hours to ourselves! And yes moving SUCKS so we won't move for quitwe a while. It's fun to read your blog and see your cute kids. Tell Erika I would like to be "invited" to read her blog.Talk to you soon have a great weekend!