Tuesday, September 30, 2008

WHAT A STEAL OF A DEAL!


Isn't she beautiful!

Here goes my little story, and I am thankful for it! (Pride is a negative word so we've been learning in Sunday School, so I will stick with thankful and grateful!)

I had been searching for weeks (okay since we moved into our home) for a wonderful table. I didn't want to spend over $75, so I searched each day on ksl classifieds and craigslist. I got a bit frustrated b/c everyone wanted $150+ for their dining sets. And I couldn't and wouldn't spend that. So I stopped looking. I started browsing for everything but the table. After Bry and I cleared out the dining room, and decided not to use it as an office. I was on the hunt. That very next morning, I came across the ad for this table. It basically said:

Dining Table and 6 Chairs Solid Oak, $50,
Steal of a Deal

We are moving in one week and can't take it with us.

I thought I had gone to heaven! So I called up the gentlemen, told him I'd take it and I'd be by to look at it and pay him. So there you have it! You never know what treasures you will find if you keep looking! It has been awesome sitting at our "dining room table" enjoying our meals together as a family. I do have a breakfast nook, but my table that I purchased at DI ($10 and I love it!) only seats 4 and I hate not having dinner together.

I would love to stain the table darker, or paint it? ANY SUGGESTIONS WELCOME!



3 comments:

Momzoo said...

paint it black, then distress it...that is my new favorite look, at least for the time being ;-)

TheShippenFamily said...

I agree with the black and distress! I do like black furniture I think half of mine is black.

Jill Johnson said...

LOVE IT!!!!!